Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"The wind in the ash tree sounds like surf on the shore at Truro. I will shut my eyes . . . " ~ Edna St. Vincent Millay

Well - we are here!  I've been waiting all year to return to our cottage rental on Cape Cod, and it has been worth the wait.  We stopped at the Wellfleet Oyster Fest on our way - we and several thousand other people - it was swamped!  I didn't bring my camera to the fest as I devoted an entire post to this event last year.  If you didn't happen to see that one - visit it now for a view of the festivities - it is such a fun happening!

Once we settled into our cottage - we headed out the front door and walked the few yards that it took to the scenes below.  Our cottage is set right on a section of Pamet Marsh, which is fed directly from Cape Cod Bay, so the tides play a large roll in just how far around you can walk at any point during the day. What are easily negotiated paths at low tide, are completely submerged terrain when the tide is high.  I will have a fun picture to share on Saturday of what can happen if you get stranded on the other side!





I have already taken several hundred pictures of our first few days here - so I plan on doing several posts over the next few weeks so that I can share the best of them with you.  For today - I'm sticking with what is right out our front door - life doesn't get much better than this!

























2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, Tracy, this place looks so wonderful! I can understand your enthusiasm about it!

    Hope you have a wonderful time there - looking very forward to see more pictures!

    Cheers from Berlin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh, aahhhh! Look at the lush carpet of marsh in that last photo! Rose hips, gnarled tree branches, clams! crabs!, disappearing and reappearing foot paths....I can see how this became your favorite place on earth, and I'm excited to see more of what you see in the coming weeks. Thank you for making time to share all of this beauty with us Tracy!

    ReplyDelete