Wednesday, April 27, 2016

"If chaos is a work of art, then my heart is a masterpiece." ~ D. Antoinette Foy



Well, I can hardly believe as I write this (Tuesday evening) that we still do not know if we will be moving into our new home. No matter what, movers will load all of our worldly possessions onto a truck next Tuesday, where they will be held for two days and then either delivered to our new home on Thursday, or to storage. On the same day, a lovely young family will be moving into the home that was once ours.

What we have learned is that deadlines, which typically mean if you pass them, you've run out of time, are actually very fluid in real estate. The result is that in the journals of real estate transactions, we will be able add our own tale of how things can run amok. Happily, none of this is because of anything done, or not done, on our side of the table.

We are trying to take this all in stride, and are working at being good to one another. Truth be told though, it's more of Bruce being good to me, but I'm trying!

As someone who is prone to tears, and restless sleeping, I have really outdone myself these last couple of weeks. This has led to some great 3:00 am books however! I can highly recommend "In A Dark, Dark Wood", by Ruth Ware. It is an "edge of your seat" thriller, and a perfect middle of the night read - though perhaps not if you are in the house alone!

So, the beat goes on. Next week when I post, we will either be getting ready to move into our new home the next day, or we will be regrouping. Either way will be fine, it really will be. It's this interim limbo that is the most frustrating.

3 comments:

  1. We can always find something to be thankful for, and there may be reasons why we ought to be thankful for even those dispensations which appear dark and frowning."
    - Albert Barnes
    This has helped me when things are out of my control....it is tough to be patient....time will put everything right again! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trish. Those words are wise and true. And at this point, things are out of our control. What I know is that there are many people who will never have the opportunity to have a home of their own. We are fortunate.

      Delete
  2. Funny, when we met up, I meant to ask if you had any book suggestions. Thank you!
    Hang in there, Super T!

    ReplyDelete