Saturday, September 26, 2015

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree." ~ Martin Luther



The other morning, I returned home from running errands and changed into work clothes, awaiting Bruce to return and do the same. We had a few household tasks that we had decided to tackle even though the day was as beautiful outside as it could possibly get. When Bruce arrived home he announced that the day was too beautiful for housework, we were going apple picking! I like how that man thinks!

We headed to Beak and Skiff, about 20 minutes away. It seemed as though half of Central New York had the same idea! It turned out be be a school holiday, and the orchard was awash in young children, which was really fun. The apples that could be picked that day were McIntosh, Gala and Honey Crisp, which is what we were after.







Bruce was the master picker, and I - the picture taker!










Dressed for a day in the orchard!

As with many farm and orchard ventures these days, Beak and Skiff has branched out into other areas of consumer interest - specifically alcoholic beverages from wine to hard cider to vodka and gin.
The Tasting Room


Gift Shop
We ended our outing with a lovely outdoor lunch. What a wonderful way to spend a beautiful autumn day! Our work still awaits, but we'll get to it!

1 comment:

  1. I guess it is true - autumn is upon us. I agree with the little girl - pink is appropriate for all occasions! Fun pictures Tracy.

    ReplyDelete