Wednesday, September 30, 2015

“A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.” ~ Isadora James


This past weekend, my sister Robin and I hit up the Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival. I posted from this festival a few years back, and you can visit those shots again to get a better feel for what the festival is like. This time I just used my cell-phone camera and took just a few shots. 

The only other fiber festival that I have to compare this one to is Rhinebeck. I would say that Rhinebeck is 3-4 times the size of the Adirondack one, and really can be a bit overwhelming. This was the perfect size and the perfect day. We could not have asked for more lovely weather, and the crowds were just right. 


Despite our mantra of needing more yarn, I actually only came home with two new skeins. I did snag one of these baskets however!

These felted masks were quite incredible.

Robin, modeling one of the tamer felted hats!

Yarn-bombed bike!

I'm so pleased that this is something that my sister and I can take such pleasure in together! It's already on our calendars for next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment