Saturday, November 1, 2014

"It is not enough to know your craft - you have to have feeling. Science is all very well, but for us imagination is worth far more." ~ Edouard Manet





It is time again for the newest installment of Craft in America!

"The newest episode Service, part of the PBS veterans initiative Stories of Service and CPB initiative Veterans Coming Home, is the story of craft and the military and premieres on PBS Sunday, November 2, 2014 at 10:30pm (check local listings). From the origins of the Army Arts and Crafts Program and the G.I. Bill to contemporary soldiers and veterans, Service documents the power of the handmade to inspire, motivate and heal. Featured artists include Eugene Burks Jr., Pam DeLuco, Judas Recendez, Ehren Tool and Peter Voulkos. View the full episode here on November 3, 2014." www.craftinamerica.org

As I have mentioned here numerous times, this is one of my favortie series. Craft and the Military sounds so interesting, and I'm eager to see and hear how this topic unfolds. Check out the preview below, and then tune in tomorrow night to the actual program, always on PBS - check your local listings. Thank goodness, if you should miss it, tomorrow's episdoe, plus all of the previous ones, are available to view online at Craft in America.
(A reminder that if the video does not come through via email, please go right to my blog.)



1 comment:

  1. I missed it again! I'll check the PBS website in case it's still available for viewing. My tired eyes just can't stay open that late. :)

    ReplyDelete