Initially, the bulk of my yarn (Lopi Lettlopi. Icelandic wool), was on backorder, so I was able to only do the neck band. The remainder of the wool arrived just before we headed to Cape Cod, so I was able to do the color-work portion while relaxing there. Keeping a consistent tension while stranding the three different colors (or in my case - 3 shades of gray - I'll pass on how I might name my sweater after a popular book!) was a challenge, and I did a bit of ripping back when one portion got a bit puckered - but all in all, I found it much easier and more enjoyable to do that I had thought it would be!
I admit to being a fairly "safe" knitter! Learning new things through this sweater has been great - and so far, not overwhelming. Up until this point, things have been quite clear, with the exception of the ribbing at the bottom of the body. I learned the valuable lesson of not just relying on the written instructions, but to always look at the video portion before I being a new section. That being said, I did find all parts of the ribbing instruction a bit confusing, as did others, as noted in the online discussion. Another great thing about doing a project this way though is the online discussion - classmates from all over the world help each other out, and I was able to put my ribbing confusion aside and move forward. Another lesson is to perhaps read through some of those discussion notes before you begin a new sections as well!
|You can see the "steeking" seam up the center front.|
As I took these photos, the first snow (or sleet as the case may be) began to fall . Sweater-wearing season is upon us! I'll keep you posted as to its progress.