Wednesday, January 4, 2017

"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder


As you can tell by the photos, we are no longer in the snowy northeast. The day after Christmas, we began our trip south, with a few stops along the way. In the process, I decided to skip last week's post - first time in nearly 5 1/2 years! Anyhow, we are now at our Florida condo, and so glad to be "home".


I can't tell you how happy I am to close the door on 2016, for many reasons. But - one of the ongoing ones is the fact that we have not had a permanent home. Our Florida condo is fabulous, and we are so fortunate to be able to have it, but it is not "home base". When we sold our longtime home in Central New York last May, we never imagined that we would be this long without another home to call ours. Due to a number of factors, plans fell through and we found ourselves renting and staying with friends while deciding what to do.



Happily, that journey has come to an end! Week before last, Bruce and I closed on one half of a duplex in Tully, New York, about 15 minutes north from where we have lived for many years. We had had so many "almosts" that I held my breath until every "i" was dotted, and every "t" was crossed. We are so happy to put this behind us.



Since the previous owners do not want to move in the winter, we will be landlords until the first of May. I wish that we were already in and settled, but I guess that if we have waited this long, and have a place to live, it's all good. By the time we move in, our possessions will have been in storage for exactly a year. I will be happy to un-box things, and sort through once again. 

So - here's to new beginnings and the hope that 2017 is kinder to us all.  Happy New Year!

1 comment: