Saturday, October 18, 2014

"The time to relax is when you don't have time for it." ~ Sydney J. Harris


Waaa! Today is the Wellfleet Oyster Fest (no whining about that!), and after we have had our fill (literally and figuratively) we begin our journey home. Having always come to the Cape during the summer while I was still teaching, since retirement this has been our fourth autumn here. My word, what a wonderful time of year on the Cape! Each year I say it won't matter if it rains, and each year that statement has not been put to the test. It rained the day we arrived, and one evening. Every other day has been picture perfect in every way. And I did get pictures - to share at a later date (though, if you've seen posts from other years, you may wonder what I would have left to photograph!)

I am so grateful that this is a stop that we are able to make in our busy lives. My favorite place on this earth.

2 comments:

  1. This photo is another of your beauties! It reminds me of the warm autumn sun and the brilliant colors seen before things had peaked, and makes me smile especially on those dark, dreary days that lead into winter.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exceptional photo, Super T.! It's begging to be entered into a contest....

    ReplyDelete