Wednesday, October 30, 2013

"Three miles long and two streets wide, the town curls around the bay ... a gaudy run with Mediterranean splashes of color, crowded steep-pitched roofs, fishing piers and fishing boats. . ." ~ Norman Mailer

Ah - Provincetown!  How do I describe it? It is a sensory experience to be sure. The sights, the sounds and the smells make it a truly unique place to visit.  I did not take any weekend evening photos - they would show some interesting sights!  It is still pretty interesting during the daylight hours however.  If you are into people watching - this is the place for you!

Lobster bisque and lobster stuffed ravioli - oh my!


Gallery after Gallery

Portuguese fried dough - a must when I am here - especially when it is hot out of the fryer!
Pilgrim Monument








Handsome men on benches!














A favorite stop when we were kids - actually still a favorite stop!  The next three photos show how the store is overflowing with all kinds of treasures!







And just in time for Halloween!

Cape Cod Ghost Tales

5 comments:

  1. You're right - so much to see! Marine Specialties, Inc. looks like my kind of shop, too. I wish I could get giant spiders on my roof this time of year....The ghost story article is a great little read, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funky is a very good way to describe it Clarice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous place! Just the sort of town I love to wander through in summer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Provincetown is for Saturdays and Catham for Sundays :) Provincetown looks exciting and like a lot of fun! I would never get out of these shops...

    And what beautiful weather you had... the colours almost pop out of my screen! Great!

    ReplyDelete