Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"We wanted to create a buzzing place for others who do what we do all day long: talk about food!" ~ Amanda Hesser and Merrill Stubbs of Food52

Image from:  http://tabtimes.com/feature/media/2012/02/24/show-and-tell-open-air-publishing-evolves-self-help-genre-ipad

Every once in awhile, I like to share other blogs or sites that I enjoy.  If I take the time to check in on them on a fairly regular basis, I guess that I really do like them!  Today I'm going to share one of my favorite "foodie" sites - Food52.  You can read the "about" section of their site, but the part that hangs with me is the following:

  • If you cook, your family will eat dinner together.
  • If you cook, you will naturally have a more sustainable household.
  • If you cook, you'll set a lifelong example for your children.
  • If you cook, you'll understand what goes into food and will eat more healthily.
  • If you cook, you'll make your home an important place in your life.
  • If you cook, you'll make others happy.
  • If you cook, people will remember you.

While this may sound as though it is mainly a recipe site, it is not.  There are plenty of really, really good recipes, but the thing that I enjoy the most is the steady stream (several a day) of articles with food related content.   Each article comes with a brief summary of the topic, and then generally a link to a larger source.  Some are "recipe" related; some are "food interest" related and others are "political" in nature.


Here are some examples of what you will find at Food52.













     


If you enjoy "foodie" information, you will enjoy Food52, which can always be found and accessed from the right-hand column of my blog (which is a gentle reminder to those of you receiving this via e-mail - there's much more to be found at my blog than just today's post)


Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. It is a very cool site, Clarice. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for bringing us your own wonderful perspective of the world we live in, highlighting people and places I wouldn't have otherwise experienced. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete