Wednesday, December 3, 2014

"I am woman, hear me roar. In numbers too big to ignore!" ~ Ray Burton, Helen Reddy



I stumbled across The Topless Tour movement some time within this past year. 

"Three adventurous travellers have sparked a new global craze - for topless holiday snaps.
And now scores of people around the world are following their lead by shedding their tops for the camera and posting the photographs online.

However, the photographs are tamer than the name would indicate – with only the women’s backs displayed. Olivia Edginton, Lydia Buckler, 21, and Ingvild Marstein Olsen, 20, have won thousands of fans across the world with 'The Topless Tour' project. Explaining the concept, Olivia, 20, said: ‘The Topless Tour is the opening of your bare chest and heart to the world. 

They have 4,000 followers on their Instagram account and their Facebook page has received thousands of likes and hundreds of picture submissions from 28 countries - including as far away as USA and Australia and even Pakistan and Palestine."
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2639482/Travellers-spark-internet-craze-Topless-Tour-world.html#ixzz3KlODEIZ6 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I knew immediately that this is something that I wanted to do. I'm not sure why, truth be told. I just wanted to participate, and to do it with the people that I love. 

And so, after months of talking about it, we bared our, um, souls to the bitter cold on Thanksgiving Day.

I had had my yearly physical the week before and as I was talking with my Dr., who is about the same age as me, we were discussing our Thanksgiving plans and I told him what we were planning to do. He looked at me a bit sideways and asked "Why?". I responded with something like "I am woman, hear me roar!" I think that sums it up pretty well. 

I was the senior member of our hearty band, and proud of it! I still can't explain the "why", just that it was great! I don't think that there needs to be any deeper a reason than that!



3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful moment of support. A fitting quote, and you all are living it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful with the snow all around you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, this is so good! And I love your "explanation" ... it made me think of this:

    "Some look at things that are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were and ask why not?"
    George Bernard Shaw

    ReplyDelete