Saturday, September 13, 2014

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet." ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Yes, I do have some updated renovation shots for you today. Things have been moving rather slowly, but there have been no major obstructions. Last night we stayed in the condo for the first time since work has begun. Today, the kitchen cabinets are being installed! Psychologically, that seems like a major step, even though a lot of work has taken place prior to this. I think that it just makes things seem so visually real.

I am writing from the library again. We do have WiFi at the condo now, but there is no place for me to "set up shop" so to speak. Plus, the sound of saws and drills, while music to my ears, is not exactly conducive to focusing on what I'm doing.

I will try to provide a little information to what is happening! Below - new half wall between the kitchen and the dining/living area (where full wall was taken down).
 
 New sheet-rock in kitchen.


Bruce priming ceiling.


Sheet-rocker sanding.


From inside the kitchen.


Appliances and a chair shoved into a little hall.


The arrival of the kitchen cabinets.



Freshly tiled kitchen floor.



Boxes of cabinets in the kitchen.


Installation begins!


Our bed covered in plastic to protect it from all of the "stuff"!


They are here!





By the time I return, I expect that many of the upper cabinets will be hung. We know he won't finish today, but it's exciting! Even more exciting is that I hope to have a refrigerator plugged in and running by the end of the day. Cold water!!!

2 comments:

  1. As someone who has lived through both remodeling and new construction, I see many signs that this is going to be very beautiful very soon, and so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been busy! I think you'll need a vacation from all of this remodeling work. Really! It's looking so bright and airy, sleek and stylish, just like you.

    ReplyDelete