Saturday, March 1, 2014

"One of the things that I find so exciting about life is that you're constantly surprised." ~ Jeff Bridges

As mentioned in my previous post, in the process of picture taking on my birthday outing, I took a few photos that took me completely by surprise! In fact, I didn't really know what I had taken till I downloaded them to my laptop. I think that you will get a kick out of it!

At the back of one of the galleries was a dock located on a small inlet. I set about taking pictures of a persistent pelican. He was after fish - and was very successful - diving in a coming up with a moutthful nearly every time.. The backdrop is not particularly lovely, but as you look at the photos, you will see that what I thought was a log at the time (and was very irritated by, as I wanted pictures of just the pelican) turned out to be something very different!  I was on the phone with my mother as the photos were uploading, and I kept exclaiming - "You are never going to guess what I got in these pictures!"







"Surprise!!!!!!!"

8 comments:

  1. Oh My!!!!!!! What a surprise! You always take the very best photos.
    Happy Birthday.
    Smiles,Dottie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dottie! It was a lot of fun seeing those pictures for the first time....

      Delete
  2. WOW! You captured such amazing shots!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing! I'm surprised that the pelican didn't become someone's lunch.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly - they seemed oblivious to each other!

      Delete