Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Finally Here!

After four days, three nights, nearly 1,500 miles, and one lost cell-phone later, we are finally here!  Here being St. Petersburg, Florida.  Of course, our arrival sparked the first hard freeze warning in the past 12 months - but we are here!  With the exception of the lost cell-phone (left behind in a Wilmington, MD restaurant - recovered by our waiter and hopefully arriving to us in the mail tomorrow) - our trip was uneventful - at least in terms of traffic.  We had the good fortune of spending time with our dear friends Carol and Phil in Norfolk, VA, and a wonderful time with family, Bev, her daughter Jennette and her family in Moncks Corners, SC.

Today was our first daylight day, and we spent it exploring the area, and of course - the beach - I can't wait for this day after day - this is what I have been waiting for, for a long time.  

While the air was brisk, the day was stellar.  

















The temperature promises to warm and I can't wait to bring you more of my time here!  Please have patience while I try out new "looks" for my blog.  I want to try to do something a bit less cluttered looking - we'll see how it turns out!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH! You're there. You're really there!
    First stop, the beach? Perfect choice.
    Amazing photos. Once again, I feel like I'm right beside you Tracy! xo t

    ReplyDelete