Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Squatter - "Someone who lives in a place without permission and without paying the owner."

Yup - I told Bruce that I was going to become a squatter.  When the time came to pull away from our Cape Cod rental - I did not want to leave - I mean really and truly did not want to leave.  We had a week of mostly wonderful weather, wonderful food, wonderful excursions, and a wonderful spot where we stayed.  I took so many pictures, and short of having a mile long post of photos, I have decided to try something a little bit different this time.  I have created three different slideshows to try to capture some of what we did and saw during our stay on the Cape.  If you are reading this via e-mail, please click here so that you can go directly to my site.  I think that it will be easier to view that way.

For all of the slideshows, rather than clicking on the "play" arrow, I would suggest clicking on the word "Tube" in the lower right.  This will allow you to watch it right on You Tube, and to enlarge it using the arrows in the bottom right if you wish.  When it has finished you can then just X out to return to the post.  There is some sound-effect accompaniment for your listening pleasure if you care to turn up your volume!

This first set of photos is of where we stayed, right on Pamet Marsh.  As you look at the second slide, we are in the smaller house on the left.  The views that we woke up to every morning were so beautiful and peaceful. The landscape changed in magnificent ways as the sun and clouds passed overhead and the tide danced its magical dance.  I wish that I could have captured it perfectly for you.



This next set is from Ballston Beach.  If some of the shots look familiar, it is because my blog banner at the top is a shot I took of Ballston Beach several years ago.  Interestingly, seals did not appear in the waters off Ballston until about five or six years ago - but now we see them every time we are there.  As water temperatures have risen, the seal population has increased, and as a result, great whites have been spotted in several areas off of the Cape where they have not been seen before. This has occured most notably in Chatham, where the local beach was closed on a couple of occasions this summer due to great white sightings.

Ballston Beach is so beautiful- I had to force myself to put the camera down and just enjoy the moment.



This final set of slides is of Chatham Harbor.  Last year I got just fabulous shots of the seals near the Chatham Fish Pier.  This year they were not nearly as cooperative - but it was great fun to watch them.



If you can stand just one more Cape Cod post, on Saturday I will introduce you to The Atlantic Spice Companyitself worth a trip to the Cape!

No comments:

Post a Comment