Saturday, October 15, 2011

"If you're fond of sand dunes and salty air ~ Quaint little villages here and there ~You're sure to fall in love with old Cape Cod." ~ Immortalized by Patti Page and Written by Claire Rothrock, Milton Yakus and Allan Jeffrey

Lest you begin to think that this blog is really a Travelog, it's not - but for the time being, please join me on one final autumnal excursion ~

 ~ Our annual trip to Cape Cod - but in Oct. rather than July!  It was not going to work out in the summer this year, so we thought - why not?  This yearly event will be, for the first time in nearly 20 years, without a parent or two, without siblings, and without children or grandchildren - I admit to feeling a bit sad at that prospect - but things change, just like the seasons.  I guess that I will look upon this as an opportunity to do the things that I want to do without having to take into consideration the "group".  There is a liberation in that, I must admit.  


As this is posted, Bruce and I will hopefully be over the Bourne Bridge - a landmark that always brings joy!

If you follow the flexing arm that is the Cape, head straight up past the elbow, and you will come to Truro, about 10 miles before Provincetown.  Truro is our yearly destination - a bit of a lull in the storm that is insane summer traffic - I expect that it will be much calmer in October.

We will arrive in time to enjoy the Wellfleet Oyster Fest.  I guess that if Swamp Cabbage can have its own festival, so can oysters!  Actually, we have always seen this festival advertised during the summer and have wanted to go - so yes - I'm really looking forward to it - and yes - I do love oysters!  Swamp cabbage - well, I don't know.


Please join me here later this week, and beyond, for pictures and tales of our trip.  I leave you with an oldie but goodie - Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Add Patti Page to my list of favorites - thanks!
    Looking forward to the next Cape Cod installment, or should I say the next travel log entry?

    ReplyDelete