Wednesday, December 16, 2015

"Knitters use knitting to value-add to the world." ~ Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

I have never been a sock knitter. When I hear my sock knitting friends using the term "turn the heal", I get nervous. I'm not sure why; I've tried complicated things before with success, but socks have had me intimidated. I picked up a tiny Christmas stocking kit last year and never did anything with it, but decided to give it a go a couple of weeks ago, and managed ok! So - onto a full-sized stocking!

My sister Robin knit Alex a stocking when he was first born - just wonderful and with his name on it. Unfortunately, last Christmas, and now this one, we have not been able to find it! I'm sure that it's tucked safely somewhere and will ultimately turn up, but in the meantime, my first venture into sock-knitting (or in this case stocking-knitting) has me knitting him another one. 

I am following the pattern "A New Baby's Christmas Stocking" by Dorene Delaney Giodano. I probably should rename it "A New Stocking for a Young Man". In any case - so far so good! I hope to have it completed by Christmas, and barring something unexpected, I think that I will! I will post a picture of it done - hopefully with Alex!





2 comments:

  1. This stocking is absolutely beautiful! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tracey - you certainly jumped in at the deep end, and it is absolutely stunning! Wonderful job and really hope you finish it in time, but even if you don't, you must finish it! At least with a stocking you don't gave to do a second one! - Jackie Smith

    ReplyDelete