Wednesday, June 24, 2015

"I always use my 'Holy Trinity' which is salt, olive oil and bacon. My motto is, 'bacon always makes it better.' I try to use bacon and pork products whenever I can." ~ Anne Burrell

I was running through possible recipes for our Father's Day dinner the other day. I had two pork tenderloins in the freezer - a buy one, get one deal. I had determined that pork was on the menu and had also decided to use a recipe that a friend had forwarded. The day before however, I received a recipe in e-mail from bon appetit that looked and sounded wonderful. I ran it past Hannah, who was in town with Alex for a wedding, and showed her the accompanying photo - it was agreed - we would try this recipe - wrapped in bacon!


Weeknight Porchetta contains an amazing assortment of ingredients - olive oil; rosemary; garlic (lots of garlic) and fennel seeds - all patted into and around the tenderloin. Then - wrapped in bacon!

Since I was making two, and I wanted them to cook the same, I ended up cooking them both in disposable aluminum pans rather than two differently sized ones that I had on hand. The end result was beautiful; very, very moist; and very very tasty. I have to agree with Bruce however, the meat did end up tasting a bit like ham. If you are not a ham fan (he can take it or leave it) this might not be a dish for you. I thought it was wonderful - and beautiful!






Another lovely dinner surrounded by family - it doesn't get any better!

No comments:

Post a Comment