I was all set to post on a recent discovery that I made on my blogging friend Linda's blog, when I received notice that Linda has nominated me for the Sweetest Blogger Award! What a lovely surprise! More on that in a moment!
Linda is a multi-talented knitwear designer in Norway. A recent accomplishment is her Norwegian knitting book: ‘To rett en vrang. Designstrikk’ published by Cappelen Damm in January 2012. She is currently designing for Thomas Kvist Yarns. Linda has also had many of her designs published in magazines. I always enjoy visiting Linda's blog. It has given me a new appreciation for the talent and effort that goes into designing knitwear - I really had not given this any thought before!
Linda often posts about the fiber activities that are going on around her. In a very recent post, Linda wrote about her trip to The Thief, an amazing hotel located in Oslo. The thing that captured my interest here was the hotel's knitting clock!
The clock was created by designer Siren Elise Wilhelmsen.
"The conceptual clock which stands in the hotel’s library knits a mesh in half an hour. In the course of a calendar year, it has made a two metre-long scarf of the months which have passed. When the New Year arrives, the ball of wool is changed – and who knows what experiences will be caught in the mesh in the minutes, days and months to come."
I just love this kind of thing and said to Linda that I am continually impressed by Norway's embrace of its "fiber" and its role in her country. In response she said:
"Yes, we do embrace fiber in all its form but I do believe The Thief has done a marvelous job of celebrating Norwegian Design as well as international art with their partnership with Astrup Fearnely Museum of Modern Art!"
Thank you to Linda for sharing the knitting clock - and thank you for passing on the Sweetest Blogger Award! In choosing a picture to accompany my award, I picked a luscious photo of crème brûlée - which is my very favorite dessert.
In accepting this award, I will answer five simple questions about myself, and then pass the award on to up to a baker's dozen of other blogs that I enjoy and read. I am going to keep my list quite a bit smaller, but for those of you I pass it on to, know that you can go up to 13 if you so choose!
On to the questions!
1. Cookies or cake? Well, this may be difficult to believe, but I am not that much of a sweets eater! That's not to say I don't ever eat something sweet - after all, I do love crème brûlée, but I am a salty/crispy kind of gal. That being said, I guess that I would choose cheese cake as a preference for cookies or cake.
2. Chocolate or vanilla? Well, again - I don't really crave either, though I will tell you that a friend recently gave me a chocolate bar with crispy caramel and sea salt - I am still savoring it!
3. Favorite sweet treat? Crème brûlée!
4. When do you get hit with cravings? Whenever I see it on the dessert table!
5. Sweet nickname? I love it when my husband calls me "Babes"!
And now to pass the baton! I love these ladies!
Silver Trumpet Style... her most recent post - the countdown to her trip to Squam!
Spun Right Round... her most recent post - her gorgeous Cloud Illusions shawl!
Close-ups and Wide Angles... her most recent post - fabulous photos of Quedlinburg!
Thyme... her most recent post - incredible photos of her family trip to Istanbul!
Thanks so much Linda!!!