Saturday, December 3, 2011

"Let the festivities begin." ~ My sister Alison

As my sister Alison would say "Let the festivities begin!!"  That is how I always feel when the calender flips to December. I am a serious sucker for all things building up to Christmas Day, especially holiday films and TV specials.  Now, with being retired, I am able to sit enjoy Martha Stewart every single day if I so desire!  It's really fabulous!  I am going to share with you my favorite holiday films both old and new - the list has grown steadily over the years.  While you peruse and reminice however - enjoy this lovely music from Alison Krauss and Yo Yo Ma.  Her voice is as pure as they come.  




My longtime favorites - and I'm sure many of yours as well.



                           

     

And yes - it has been close to 50 years since this first aired, so I guess that I have to refer to "Rudolph" as an oldie but goodie.  I still love it, own it, watch it!




In recent years, there have been some holiday movies that have become favorites of mine as well, with "The Holiday" being right at the top of the list.




There are a slew of made for TV movies as well - think "The Hallmark Channel".  I don't care that the Syracuse Post Standard indicated that viewers need "insulin" to watch them - humph!  Yes, many of them are sickly sweet, some of them even too much so for me - but for the most part they are light-hearted and harmless - I say "Enjoy!"

Two of my favorites, though not so new are below.  And yes - I love them, own them and watch them.



So - plug in a movie, bring out the wrapping paper, and as my sister Alison says, "Let the festivities begin!"


2 comments:

  1. Why am I not surprised to see many familiar movie favorites?! I'll have to see Holiday Inn and One Special Night. That entire Yo-Yo Ma cd is beautiful. The selection you posted is a personal favorite in the Studio.
    Glad you're really enjoying every minute of the holiday season Tracy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the "shout out" Tracy! I have had a hard time getting into the holiday spirit so far this season; your post is just what I needed! Adding music: GREAT touch! Love you!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete