Wednesday, March 18, 2015

“"Each of us puts in one little stone, and then you get a great mosaic at the end.” ~ Alice Paul

It's been a while since I've shared any condo progress - things have slowed considerably since there is so very little left to wrap up! Due to an inability to decide on a living-room window treatment, we now have a valance that really serves no purpose. It does have a shelf above it, which I know we will put to good use eventually. The rest of it however, has been an expanse of bland wood, waiting for something to happen.  I finally began that something the other day.

I have stenciled starfish down the length of the valance, and then plan to do some type of mosaic around each one. I taped up sample starfish before I began so that they would be fairly evenly spaced, and then completed my stenciling, and placed a glass center on each one. I have started the mosaic portion, but I don't want to share photos till it's finished. 

I generally tend to plan this type of thing out pretty carefully from beginning to end. Not so this project. This has been a kind of "decide as I go" undertaking, so I'm not entirely sure how it will turn out. I can tell you without a doubt however, it would have been a heck of a lot easier if I had done this before the valance was put up - it's hard work! I'll share photos when it's complete - good or bad!




3 comments:

  1. I really like the idea! And until now it looks like it's going fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to be able to put your own touches on your place. :-)

    ReplyDelete