Tuesday, April 23, 2019

"Sometimes life drops blessings in your lap without your lifting a finger. Serendipity, they call it." ~ Charlton Heston




Life is a never ending series of surprises. Some good, some not so good, and others as completely unpredictable as they can be.

Last winter (2018) I received an email from the representative of a publishing company in Italy. They had stumbled across a series of photos that I had taken of a daVinci exhibit at the Elliot Museum in Stuart, Florida a number of years ago. I shared these photos in a blog post. The publishing company was requesting permission to use a couple of my photos in a book to teach French to struggling Italian middle-school students!


My two photos......
I had a short series of email exchanges with their representative, and gave my permission. Pretty exciting!

I received occasional updates on the project and learned, shortly before we headed back north from Florida last week, that the book was complete and they were ready to send me a copy. It arrived in today’s mail!

This is one of those serendipitous experiences. I never would have imagined that two of my photos would end up in a book, let alone one that focused on academically struggling middle-school students. A bit of a full circle for me!

So yes, I can claim that I am now a published photographer - who would have ever guessed!?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Tracy! An internationally published photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant and well done. Trust you will be autographing copies on request!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Caree! I’ve gotten quite a kick out of it!

    ReplyDelete